Collection of authentic SC BBQ sauces, meats, hash, and sides
- Old Family Recipes: Great reader-submitted recipes that have been in their family’s for generations. Read their stories and try their recipes.
- Helpful Pitmasters’ Secrets: Recipes and techniques from some of SC’s most respected pitmasters, including John Lewis, Rodney Scott, and more.
- Great SC BBQ Restaurants: Recipes from the good folks at Bessinger’s, Bullies, Cherrywood, Lewis, Price’s, Rodney Scott’s, Swig and Swine, and more.
- Whole Hog BBQ, Pit Building, and More: SCBBQ history, whole hog bbq principles, cinder block pit building plans, and much more included.
Sample of the Recipes You’ll Find in Each Section
Sauces and Rubs
Dukes-style mustard sauce, Eastern SC vinegar-pepper sauce, Honey Hickory tomato-based sauce, Alabama white sauce, even brisket Mojo sauce. Just a few of the over 20 delicious sauce recipes. Plus, we include 7 rub recipes from the likes of John Lewis and Home Team BBQ.
SC BBQ Hash
Yellow hash popular in the Midlands and Lowcountry, Red hash found in places like Sumter, and even the Beef hash that is common in the Upstate, we have recipes for hash like you will find at great SCBBQ restaurants like Dukes, Ward’s, and Midway.
From whole hog to individual cuts like butts, shoulders and ribs, we have recipes for it all. Heck, we’ve even thrown in a few chicken recipes.
Sides and Desserts
Collards, fried corn, pork rinds, coleslaw, beans with brisket, mac and cheese and much more. Sides help make the meal and we have recipes from Rodney Scott, Swig and Swine, John Lewis, and Price’s, among others.
What Folks are Saying
Stays True to SC BBQ
I love the variety and authenticity of the recipes. It stays true to SC BBQ.
It’s a great handbook to start making your own bbq at home.
If you're on the fence about purchasing just know the people behind the cookbook are always looking to add to the book and have a sneak peek into some secrets of SC BBQ. The Birth Place of BBQ. Help the writers continue with such an awesome adventure with a purchase and make some good food to share with others.
I Love the Book!
The purchasing process went flawlessly, and I got my link almost immediately. I love the book! Thank you for all your hard work. I look forward to future editions. I am an active member of SCBA, SBN, GBA, KCBS, and the SCA. I judge and marshal many events. I found the book both informative and useful. I plan to try most, if not all the recipes therein.
I like it all....
...but if I have to choose what I like most, then let’s say the recipes. Love to read all the recipes and take note of the different ingredients, but can’t beat Rodney Scotts’ vinegar and pepper mop sauce! Buy it. I did, and I am going to use it. I love all things BBQ.
A Great Collection!
A great collection of true BBQ dishes. Very well written and easy to follow.
Keep up the great work!
Would Definitely Recommend It
SC restaurants and recipes. I grew up in Batesburg but judged BBQ contests in TN, MS, MO, etc. Actually made the Food Channel...not cooking skills, but judged MIM finals in 99, which was on TV...Big Bob Gibson won. Guess what I'm saying is the book is well done and the Holly Hill update very informative...keep it up.
Even though I prefer a paper book, I would definitely recommend it and, in fact, already have.
Give it a try... definitely worth it if interested in SC BBQ...filled a void in my BBQ library which is fairly extensive...
Hard Work Shows!
The purchasing process went very smooth. I’m really enjoying the book. I can tell you put a lot of work into it. Keep up the good work!
Digital Edition eCookbook
- PDF File that Works Online or Offline
- Easily Searchable
- Works on all Devices
- Large Images and Visible Type
- Prefer iBooks version? Contact us
Permanent Edition eCookbook
- PDF File that Works Online or Offline
- Entitles You to Every Future Edition We Release
- Delivered to You Automatically
- Never Miss Out on New Recipes
- Applies Only to Digital Editions, not Print