Collection of authentic SC BBQ sauces, meats, hash, and sides
- Old Family Recipes: Great reader-submitted recipes that have been in their family’s for generations. Read their stories and try their recipes.
- Helpful Pitmasters’ Secrets: Recipes and techniques from some of SC’s most respected pitmasters, including John Lewis, Rodney Scott, and more.
- Great SC BBQ Restaurants: Recipes from the good folks at Bessinger’s, Bullies, Cherrywood, Lewis, Price’s, Rodney Scott’s, Swig and Swine, and more.
- Whole Hog BBQ, Pit Building, and More: SCBBQ history, whole hog bbq principles, cinder block pit building plans, and much more included.
Sample of the Recipes You’ll Find in Each Section
Sauces and Rubs
Dukes-style mustard sauce, Eastern SC vinegar-pepper sauce, Honey Hickory tomato-based sauce, Alabama white sauce, even brisket Mojo sauce. Just a few of the over 20 delicious sauce recipes. Plus, we include 7 rub recipes from the likes of John Lewis and Home Team BBQ.
SC BBQ Hash
Yellow hash popular in the Midlands and Lowcountry, Red hash found in places like Sumter, and even the Beef hash that is common in the Upstate, we have recipes for hash like you will find at great SCBBQ restaurants like Dukes, Ward’s, and Midway.
From whole hog to individual cuts like butts, shoulders and ribs, we have recipes for it all. Heck, we’ve even thrown in a few chicken recipes.
Sides and Desserts
Collards, fried corn, pork rinds, coleslaw, beans with brisket, mac and cheese and much more. Sides help make the meal and we have recipes from Rodney Scott, Swig and Swine, John Lewis, and Price’s, among others.
What Folks are Saying
Stays True to SC BBQ
I love the variety and authenticity of the recipes. It stays true to SC BBQ.
It’s a great handbook to start making your own bbq at home.
If you're on the fence about purchasing just know the people behind the cookbook are always looking to add to the book and have a sneak peek into some secrets of SC BBQ. The Birth Place of BBQ. Help the writers continue with such an awesome adventure with a purchase and make some good food to share with others.
What SC Barbecue is All About
That was an ebook! Also, of course, that it is what SC barbecue is all about, sharing good food and recipes.
This book is what SC barbecue is all about, sharing good food and recipes. Just buy it, you won't regret it.
Could not put it down!
Great cookbook, I read the whole book the day I got it. Could not put it down!
Detailed recipes of sauces and different meats and preparation Your recipes are very concise and easy to prepare with everyday, useable, and obtainable ingredients
I wish it was a book instead of an ebook, subject to computer crash and loss.
(Editor's Note: We are working on a print edition and hope to have it available Fall 2020. Also, if you lose your digital copy, just email us and we'll be happy to send you another copy.)
The Most Complete Collection
Diversity of recipes. Background stories. Great pics! If you want traditional SC bbq and fixin’s, this is the most complete collection I’ve found. Thanks!
Hard Work Shows!
The purchasing process went very smooth. I’m really enjoying the book. I can tell you put a lot of work into it. Keep up the good work!
This is a Must Have!
As a former SC resident, the thing I liked most was the hash recipes.
As unique as hash is to SC, I've been amazed that hardly any SC recipe books have a hash recipe. Then it's the regional BBQ and hash along with the stories about different families/cooks, etc
If you're really a fan, this is a must have. Most people judge BBQ by whatever kind of BBQ they grew up on. If you want to broaden your BBQ horizon, this is a good place to start, along with knowing the history behind the different kinds of BBQ in SC.
It's definitely worth the price if you like to cook BBQ or read about it.
Digital Edition eCookbook
- PDF File that Works Online or Offline
- Easily Searchable
- Works on all Devices
- Large Images and Visible Type
- Prefer iBooks version? Contact us
Permanent Edition eCookbook
- PDF File that Works Online or Offline
- Entitles You to Every Future Edition We Release
- Delivered to You Automatically
- Never Miss Out on New Recipes
- Applies Only to Digital Editions, not Print