This Little Piggy: Locally owned, pit-cooked barbecue in the heart of Summerville
This Little Piggy Bar-B-Que in Summerville, SC, combines the winning talents of Linda Weber and Donnie Frier, Summerville residents who met in 2014 and formed a quick friendship that soon turned into love.
Linda grew up in a foodservice family. After working for many years in corporate communications and events management, she knew it was time to return to her roots and open her own place.
Donnie owned and operated his own HVAC company, but he spent decades perfecting the art of the smoker. With words of encouragement from family and friends, he decided to jump in.
The rest is history.
At This Little Piggy, we’re thrilled to provide slow, pit-cooked barbecue in downtown Summerville.
But we know even the best food falls flat without great hospitality. We remain committed to both barbecue and to this tight-knit community that we all love.
We take our barbecue seriously — but not too much else. At This Little Piggy, we encourage our guests to unwind, get messy, and most importantly, savor their time with us.
We look forward to serving you soon!
New Door Dash Accounts
GET $20 OFF
From This or Many Other Restaurants
FROM DESTINATION BBQ
On Your First Order of $25 or More
On the Menu
- This Little Piggy serves pulled pork, chopped and sliced Angus beef brisket, ribs all smoked on-site with propane smokers. In addition, we offer chicken.
- We offer four homemade sauces – classic mustard, creamy mustard, spicy and vinegar!
- Sides include macaroni pie, baked beans, coleslaw, potato salad, and broccoli casserole.
- Homemade hash and rice stands out on the menu. With our hash, we offer sandwiches and dinner plates, through table service with indoor and outdoor dining.
- Desserts include homemade banana pudding, banana pudding cheesecake, and a chocolate oreo tart.
- Being a locally-owned restaurant, This Little Piggy prides itself on using the highest quality products and offering the best service around in order to create an exceptional experience every time.
What Folks are Saying about This Little Piggy in Summerville
Among the many favorable Google reviews, Carlos Dela Cruz was clearly impressed with This Little Piggy BBQ:
The food was amazing. We’ve had really good BBQ, this blew it out of the water!
Ribs? TENDER! JUICY!! INSANE!!!
Pulled pork? OUTSTANDING!!
Brisket burnt ends? AMAZING!!
Our favorite sides were the broccoli casserole and the to-die-for sweet potato casserole. The sweet potato casserole wasn’t too sweet so it was great as a dessert or a side.
Best sweet tea I’ve had in a while.
The only thing I would add would be a sweet Carolina red sauce, but I did love their house mustard-based sauce and their kickin’ sauce. I forced myself to stop eating so I would have leftovers.
Outside seating is really nice at dusk
Over on Yelp, Carol J finally had the chance to go to This Little Piggy after waiting so long for them to open:
We stopped by yesterday for take-out. We have been wait for the shop to open for a long time.
I ordered the half rack of ribs and my wife ordered the pulled pork sandwich. This is one BBQ shop we will definitely come back to.
Finding good BBQ is hard to come by but they certainly have done it right. The quality, quantity, and flavors were great.
In short, we will be back again for sure.
Menu for This Little Piggy Bar-B-Que
Note: Menu prices and options are subject to change over time. Contact the restaurant for the most up-to-date information.
This Little Piggy Bar-B-Que
Summerville, SC 29483
Cards and Cash, Hash, Mustard Sauce, Vinegar Pepper Sauce