Moe’s Original Alabama White Sauce Recipe is simple and delicious. You can make it in under five minutes with a few simple ingredients.
Moe’s Orginal BBQ on Pawleys Island is a franchise location of the Alabama-based restaurant chain. It is famous for not only making great BBQ, but also for a sauce unusual in SC, the Alabama White BBQ Sauce.
A few years ago, Meg Lonon, the former operating owner of the Pawleys location, stopped by WBTW in Myrtle Beach to make Moe’s famous Alabama White Sauce.
The video appears to be no longer available, but the recipe is. We have provided it for you below.
Recently, however, Mark White, owner of a Moe’s Original BBQ location in Mobile, went on WKRG to prepare Moe’s Alabama White Sauce News 5’s John Nodar.
Worth a watch:
Read our review of Moe’s Pawleys location here.
Read our interview with Meg Lonon.
Enjoy this authentic Moe’s Original Alabama White Sauce Recipe:
- 2 cups mayonnaise, "heavy duty"
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon dry rub, Moe's, or your personal favorite
- 1/4 teaspoon hot sauce, a couple of dashes, to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce, a couple of dashes
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 pinch white pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/4 lemon, juiced
- Add all ingredients to a bowl and mix until smooth.
- Make sure there are no lemon seeds or lumps.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 32 Serving Size: 2 tablespoons
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 202Total Fat: 22gSaturated Fat: 3gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 12mgSodium: 188mgCarbohydrates: 1gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 1g
Like to Volunteer as One of our Recipe Testers?
We have a bookful of recipes to test and publish. Join the team and choose from our collection of unpublished recipes.
All we ask is that you photograph the process and share your thoughts on each recipe and the finished product. And we’ll feature you when we publish that recipe.
Interested? Just send me an email.
Check out these other authentic SCBBQ recipes we’ve published on destination-bbq:
Sauces and Rubs:
- Jay Phillips’ Whole Hog Sauce Recipe
- Dad’s Mop Sauce Recipe
- Eastern SC Vinegar-Pepper Sauce Recipe
- Moore Family’s Little Fisher Hog Sauce Recipe
- Lowcountry Vinegar Sauce Recipe
- Swig & Swine’s Mustard BBQ Sauce Recipe
- Dukes BBQ-Style Sauce Recipe
- Dukes BBQ Sauce – “Actual Recipe”
- Simple South Carolina Mustard Sauce Recipe
- Bessinger’s-Style Gold Sauce Recipe
- John Padgett’s Kansas City BBQ Sauce Recipe
- Honey-Hickory Barbecue Sauce Recipe
- Bullies BBQs Thin Basting Sauce Recipe
- Cherrywood Signature BBQ Sauce Recipe
- “Carolina Red” Light Tomato Barbecue Sauce Recipe
- Basic Tomato Barbecue Sauce Recipe
- Home Team BBQ Alabama White Sauce Recipe
- Moe’s Original BBQ’s Alabama White Sauce Recipe
- Brisket Mojo Sauce Recipe
- Roller Family Hot Sauce Recipe
- Salsa Verde with Avocado for Pulled Pork Recipe
- Sticky Fingers’ Basic Dry Rub Recipe
- JB’s Smokeshack-Style Spicy Dry Rub Recipe
- Sticky Fingers’ Texas Rub Recipe
- BlackJack Barbecue Dry Rub Recipe
- Sticky Fingers’ Sweet Rib Rub Recipe
- Home Team BBQ Dry Rub Recipe for Chicken Wings Recipe
- John Lewis BBQ-Style Brisket Dry Rub Recipe